Ticker Posts No.

Breaking News

Motorcycle travel series by vlad "Bakar 1"

The deep woods are behind me, as I ride through to the coast. I'm on a narrow and quite dangerous winding road on the hill overlooking the sea. The stones are preventing careless car drivers from slipping down. Nothing can really save you on a motorbike. There are many very dangerous roads in Croatia.
The view opens right in front to me. It's a warm day and Kvarner bay looks ready for swimming :) In the distance, there is Istra peninsula.
Winding road or not, in a few minutes here I am in Bakar. This is a coastal town known for its naval school which has been here ever since the nineteen-twenties. A school with many traditions.
The place itself is very cosy. Old buildings and ornaments show that it wasn't built yesterday. The town got its coat of arms and town privileges in 1799 by Empress Maria Theresa of Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Here we go. Before I go swimming, let's have some local dishes. Awesome, fresh calamari caught by the restaurant owner in the morning is my first choice.
Enjoy your day! :)

No comments