Ticker Posts No.

Breaking News

A New Kind of Fake Moon? Please Explain

flightpath.png
Yesterday I came across something peculiar during my flight heading North-West above the Java Sea at night. I was seated beside a window in the plane when I saw the crescent moon outside. It was of the wet moon / Cheshire moon variant.
mymoon.jpg
This was taken from inside the airplane during the first half the flight.
For those wondering about this phenomenon, here's a Wikipedia entry on it:-
A wet moon (also called a Cheshire moon) is when the "horns" of the crescent moon point up at an angle, away from the horizon, so the moon's crescent takes on the appearance of a bowl or a smile. A wet moon occurs when the crescent moon is near the horizon at a point more or less directly above the sun's (invisible) position below the horizon. This in turn is determined by the earth's and moon's positions in their orbits, the inclination of these orbits relative to one another and to the earth's axis, and observer's latitude on the earth. Wet moons occur routinely in the tropics (where the sun and moon rise and set nearly vertically), and rarely in polar regions (where the sun and moon rise and set at a glancing angle or not at all)."
Unless the moon is faked and everything else is a lie, this is one of many evidences against flat-earth theory. But I'm not here to debate about that theory since it's a complete nonsense of the 4chan troll variety, in my opinion. Instead, I would like to present a puzzling observation of the moon during the second half of my flight.
And like all dubious stories, my phone was completely dead during this phase of the flight so I did not have any photographic evidence. But here's what I saw, modifying from my photo:-
newmoon.png
A render of the moon during the second half of my flight.
The crescent moon was just the same as the one before, except there seems to be something blocking the light rays or glow of the moon on the bottom side. It looked "unnatural", as if there's a huge flat object somewhere in the space between the moon and me. It wasn't merely lesser light passing through the bottom - it was a perfect occlusion! With the tin-foiler triggered in me, I made another observation about commercial flight windows.
illuminati.jpg
This is the window into that wet moon sighting.
Has it ever occurred to you that these windows look like eyes? Opened or closed, these windows even have eyelids to boot. Snakes on the plane.. with many eyes being portals into the external world.. there's definitely something sinister about this setup! Reptilians overlords be damned.
As if to heighten my sense of paranoia, I heard a silent, gaseous sound in the midst of my boring air flight. It was then I discovered something that is way more dangerous than chem-trails. Never, ever fart in an enclosed space after a curry meal, yo!
Jokes aside, the question of the occluded moon remains. Will be interested to see what you guys think about this observation! I was pretty damn tired during the flight to be honest, but the clipping of the moon's glow was just too obvious to miss. Any good explanation for this weird sighting?
Here's a better photoshop work of my moon sighting.
bettermoonrender.png

No comments